Good morning Year 5!
I hope you and your family are staying safe and are managing to spend some quality time together. It is lovely to see that the sun is shining down on us (even if we do have to appreciate it from behind windows or from our garden).
Here are your tasks for this week:
* MATHS - Please complete pages 2-7 of the booklet above (Roman Numerals). I have attached some revision notes about Roman Numerals below. Make sure you are using TTRS for at least 15 minutes per day.
* ENGLISH - Please complete pages 17 - 28 of the booklet above (Fronted Adverbials ISPACE and Parenthesis ( ) - ,) Again, I have attached some revision notes below but we have done this in class lots.
* READING - Make sure you are reading and quizzing often. Remember, the word count challenge and Millionaire's Club is still going ahead.
* EXTENDED WRITING - You are living in a very significant time in history. Keep a diary about what you get up to during your days of learning from home and about your feelings towards the current situation. Aim to write in your diary at least twice a week.
* ART - Colour and make an Easter Chick
* COMPUTING - Use '2 Quiz' on Purple Mash to make a quiz about the story of Romeo & Juliet. Think about the characters, the setting and the plot. What questions would you ask your friends to make sure they really knew the play? Make sure you know the answers yourself. Save your quiz to our class page when you're finished.
I miss each and every one of you and look forward to the day we can return to school. Until then, stay safe.
Welcome to a brand new (very different sort of) term. I hope that you are all staying safe, spending quality time with your families and that you had a wonderful Easter eating far too much chocolate - I certainly ate too much!
Our topic for the summer term is 'Off with her head'! We had a great introduction to this at 'The Kings', where we explored Henry VIII in a super History lesson.
As usual, I will upload a variety of learning activities for you each week to have a go at. Please make sure that you are still reading lots and quizzing lots, as well as accessing TTRS daily.
I would really love it if you could share a photo a week of any work that you are especially proud of by emailing it to the school office so that I can upload it to our class page. It might be a piece of art, some writing that you have done or even a book that you are enjoying reading - it's entirely up to you and it will be a great way to keep us all connected!
If you are stuck with anything or have any questions, please just ask someone at home to email the school office and I will be on hand to help.
Miss you all
Love Miss Belfield x
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO SEB WHO HAS BECOME THE FIRST MEMBER OF GOLDENHILL'S MILLIONAIRE'S CLUB!
Week Beginning 4th May
Well done to Harry, Frankie, Kenzie, Leah, Scarlett and Maisie, who have all quizzed this week and improved their word count!
Hello Year 5!
I hope that you are all ok and that you have had a lovely half term in the sunshine! I have uploaded the home learning for this week and any resources you may need to complete the activities. As always, if you are stuck or have any questions then just ask someone at home to pop me an email and I will get back to you. Please keep reading and quizzing and feel free to send me any pictures of your home learning activities to upload to our class page. I miss you all very much and look forward to seeing you all again. Stay Safe! Lots of Love, Miss Belfield
Hello Year 5,
I hope that you are all ok!
Here is your home learning for the week. I have also assigned you some 'To-Do's on Purple Mash. When you have finished a Purple Mash activity, save it in our class folder and I will be able to see and comment on it.
Have a lovely week.
Miss you all!